Creamy Carrot & Curry Soup
Makes 8 servings
- 1 tbsp PC olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds of carrots, scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into ½ inch thick rounds
- 11/2 tbsp curry powder
- 11/2 tsp ground ginger
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth1 cup plain non fat yogurt or light coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper as desired
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir well.
- Stir in the curry powder and ginger. Stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and partially cover the pot. Simmer until the carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- In batches, transfer the soup to a blender, process until smooth and pour the pureed soup into a large bowl. If you have a hand blender you can puree the soup right in the pot.
- Stir in the yogurt or light coconut milk. If a thinner soup is desired add additional broth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
3.8g fat (1g saturated)
A Taste of Thai!
Thai Stir Fry
- Cooked ww spaghettini
- 1/4 c Asian-style salad dressing
- Chicken breast strips or shrimp (or pork tenderloin strips)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups frozen stir fry veg mix
- 1/2 c reduced sodium broth
- 1 tbsp (I use more like 2!) light peanut butter
- 1/4 light soy sauce
- Cook pasta
- Heat dressing and garlic on skillet on med-high heat. Add meat and stir fry until tender.
- Add vegs, broth, and Peanut Butter, stir fry for about 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through (if not using already cooked meats)
- Drain pasta and return to veg mixture, add soy sauce and toss to coat with sauce.
Makes 4, 2 cup servings!!
Thai Chicken Pizza:
- 1/4 c light PB
- 1/4 c hoisin sce
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1tsp each, honey, soy sauce, red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Bring all to a light boil in saucepan, let cool before spreading top of pizza
- Spread on top of a whole wheat pizza crust, whole wheat pita or Naan bread, top with:
- light shredded Monterey Jack
- green onions
- It called for Bean sprouts, shredded carrots (I did not do), I used:
- Spinach and mushrooms and asparagus!
- fresh cilantro
- cooked chicken breast strips
Oven 425F, cook for 12 minutes